When you first login to 5th Kind CORE, you'll be prompted to install Aspera Connect. CORE uses Aspera to facilitate uploads and downloads
For more information about it, you can visit the IBM Aspera website and access their IBM Aspera Connect 3.11.0 product release notes with system requirements at the link below: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSXMX3_3.11/connect_relnotes/3.11.0.html
In this article:
Aspera Connect Installation
Log on to Core, if you already have Aspera installed you’ll get a prompt to upgrade following the window below:
- Click on Install Extension and then Add to Chrome (or Firefox depending which browser you choose):
- Next, you will see this prompt: Click OK
- Next follow Step 2 in the Install Window: Download the App & Install Connect:
- Click on the Installer to start the new app Installation to your computer:
- Click Open to Continue the Installation
- Click Start:
- When Complete, Click Close:
Some users may need to Uninstall the current Aspera Connect application if you already have it installed. (not all users have had to uninstall before upgrading but if the upgrade doesn’t resolve the issue for you, please try uninstalling the app before upgrading)
- Quit Connect before uninstalling it.
- Go to the Applications on your computer and move the Aspera app to the Trash
- Mac / Go to Finder window / Applications folder / Control-Click on Aspera Connect icon and then click Move to Trash / Click on Finder again and Empty Trash.
- PC / Click on your Desktop / Hold down the Windows key / Hit the letter E / This opens file Explorer / Search Aspera Connect / Right-click on Aspera Connect folder / Uninstall
- There are several versions of Windows you can see other ways to uninstall programs for different versions here:
- Chrome: To remove the extension from Chrome, click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser window.
- In the drop-down menu that opens, choose More Tools > Extensions:
- The extension tab opens, look for the panel with the Connect extension and click Remove:
- Firefox / To remove the Connect extension from Firefox, open the three-bar icon in the upper right corner of the browser window and click Add-ons:
- The Add-ons Manager tab opens. Look for the panel with the Connect extension and click Remove:
Have more user-related questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional training materials and follow up.