Fixing Files That Won’t Play or Open
There are many reasons why a video or other files won’t play: slow internet, firewall issues, or the file hasn’t processed yet. Here are a few items you can test on your own before escalating your issues to Support:
My Thumbnail Shows Uploading or Processing & Video Won’t Play
If the thumbnail shows that it’s still processing and the video won’t play,
- Check the size of your source file. File processing on CORE occurs at the rate of 6x-8x the length of a video file. Larger files could take 20 minutes or more to process.
- If you didn’t upload the file, select the History Panel icon to see what time the file was uploaded. You don’t want to reprocess a recently uploaded file. It may need more time to complete. If it’s been longer than what’s reasonable for the size of your file, try to reprocess your file.
- Select the File
- Go to the Asset Player
- Select the More icon in right corner of the Top Bar
- Select Reprocess.
- Once you reprocess the File, refresh the page. If the file is a large file, such as a full-length (approx 2 hr) movie, give it 20-30 minutes to reprocess.
If Reprocess is not selectable, or the file still doesn’t work after reprocessing, escalate the issue to your Tier 1 Support Team. Provide Support with the following information from File Info:
- File Name
- File ID
NOTE: If there is no MD5 number, the file was interrupted in some way during the upload process, and did not complete uploading into the system. Re-upload your file, or contact the original uploader to alert them. If you continue to have this problem with the same file, alert your support team.
My Thumbnail Appears, but File Won’t Play or Open
Try the same steps as above.
- This time, first check if there’s an MD5 number.
- If there is, follow the reprocessing instructions. If there is no MD5 number, re-upload the file or alert the original uploader.
My Thumbnail Appears, and File Opens / Plays, but Then It Stops
Try reprocessing this File, per the instructions above. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, escalate this to your support team who can provide additional assistance or investigate further.
My File Says It “Failed to Load Watermark”
In the CORE Asset Player, the browser may ‘cache’ a video that you tried to watch earlier that may have had an issue streaming. In this case, if you’re in the player and you receive a black screen with red message saying Failed to Load Watermark, do the following:
- Clear your cache for the last day or 24 hours
- Reboot your browser window
- Log back in
If the issue persists, gather the File Name, File ID, and MD5 number per the instructions above and pass it along to your support team. Let them know you have already followed steps 1-4 here, and they can escalate the issue for further investigation.