In CORE, when you share a package, the message associated with that package is called a Discussion. You can access all the discussions associated with one package or a file in the Discussion Panel.
In this article, we'll review:
- Where to Access the Discussion Panel
- Features of the Discussion Panel
- About Messages in the Discussion Panel
- Viewing All Discussions Associated With a Package
- Viewing All Discussions Associated With a File
- Viewing Discussion Participants
- Replying to a Discussion
- Starting a New Discussion
Where to Access the Discussion Panel
The Discussion panel can be accessed in two ways:
- From the Package / Asset View, click on the Discussion icon located at the top right of the module to open the Discussion panel.
- From File Search. Select the Discussion icon located at the top right of each Asset Group to open the Discussion panel.
Anatomy of the Discussion Panel
All Discussions View
Single Discussion / Comment Thread
About Messages in the Discussion Panel
- When you share a package, the message associated with that package starts a new discussion. That message will appear within the Discussion Panel.
- When you share a package to different groups of people with different messages, those different messages are Discussions.
- New or updated discussions will appear at the top of all previous discussions in the panel.
- Replies and comments on a discussion remain within their discussion thread.
- When you open a single Discussion, you can see all feedback -- comments and annotations -- associated with that Discussion.
- Most users can see only the discussions for the packages that they've sent or received.
Viewing Discussions Associated With a Package
- If you're already in a package and you want to view the other messages associated with that package, select the back arrow next to the package's subject line of the Discussion Panel. This is different from the back arrow on the top left of the Package Viewer.
- The Discussion Panel back arrow will take you to the main Discussions panel showing all discussions.
- To open a Discussion from the panel, click on ‘Replies’ or by clicking anywhere in the discussion box, which will open that package discussion.
Viewing Discussions Associated With a File
- When viewing a File, click on the Discussion icon to open the Discussion panel.
- If the file has been included in any packages, you will see all the discussions associated with that file.
- For users with limited permissions, you'll see just the packages that you're included on.
- Select the subject line or body of the Discussion you’d like to view.
- The Discussion will open and you'll see all comments and feedback associated with the thread of that discussion.
Viewing Discussion Participants
To see who can view a discussion, click the "Shared with X users" text. A pop up will appear containing a list of all users on that discussion thread.
Replying to a Discussion
To leave a message within a discussion or reply to a comment, open the discussion from the discussion panel.
There you can comment on the discussion / package level or on individual files. Everyone who is on the discussion / package will be able to view your reply.
You can also reply to comments within the discussion, by selecting Reply on a specific comment. Your comment will appear after theirs.
Starting a New Discussion
Starting a discussion from the Discussion panel creates a chat-like message to collaborate around an existing package or file. The file(s) and associated message will be shared with the recipient user as a view-only Standard package that they'll see in their inbox.
- Click the New button to create a new Discussion. A New Discussion menu will open.
- Like any other package share, enter your message details:
- Note: There is no option to select a package type, because this method of sharing defaults to a view-only Standard package.
- Recipients, including User Lists
Private Message - If this is set to On, only you and the Recipients will be able to view the discussion. If it's set to Off, the discussion will be public, and anyone with access to the File will be able to view it.
Notify on Open - If this is set to On, you will receive an email notification the first time that each of the Recipients views the comment.
If you opt to Expand - or pop out your message, you'll have additional formatting controls for the body of the message.