The Sync Review is a secure, shareable, realtime file review and collaboration experience via your computer and tablet browsers, as well as your Apple TV.
Sync Reviews are created via package sharing, and driven by a single host (the sender). The invited participants are the package recipients.
Set a meeting on your conferencing tool of choice, and your teams can simultaneously view content from anywhere. This feature is ideal for review sessions with teams, partners, and clients.
In this article:
- Set Up a Sync Review Session
- Join a Sync Review Session as a Participant
- Participating in the Sync Review Session
- Annotating Media (PDF, Video, Audio, Images)
- Host a Sync Review Session
Set Up a Sync Review Session
There are 3 steps in setting up your session as a Host:
- Prepare your media
- Share your Review package to your recipients
- Start your session
1. Prepare Your Media
- Select your files and create a package to share as a Sync Review package.
- For specific instructions about how to create a package, see Creating and Modifying Packages.
File Selection Example:
2. Share the Review Package to Your Recipients
- Share your package and the Share Panel will open
- Choose Sync Review as your package type
- Add Recipients
- Add a Message
- There are no Settings or Download options for Sync Review packages
3. Start Your Session
- Once you've shared your Review package, you can immediately start the session or meet with the other users at a designated time.
- Sync Review packages do not have video conferencing or VOIP enabled, so you'll need to meet over your conferencing cool of choice.
- When ready, open your package. In the top bar of the Package, select the Launch Review Mode icon.
Join a Sync Review Session as a Participant
How to participate in a Sync Review package session:
You will receive the invite in your email there Click on the link Open in CORE to shortcut to your CORE session
2. Package can be opened from your inbox as well.
- If opening the package doesn't automatically take you into the live Review session, then select the Launch Review Mode icon.
3. You will either wait for the host to start the session or the sync session will start immediately.
4. Note: You will have a unique sessionID for the Sync Review Session
Participating in the Sync Review Session
Review Session Player
The Review Mode player is a dark mode player with simplified controls tucked away to maximize screen space for the reviews.
As an attendee, when you first enter a Sync Review Session, you will see the Collaboration Panel on your right hand side. And aligned next to that is a list of other meeting participants by user icon.
- Host/Presenter - Highlighted as the User in Blue, represents the Host that is presenting the Review session
- Collaborators/Attendees- Initials of the other collaborators as well as yours will be displayed in grey circular icons
- Collaboration Status The number of attendees in session is displayed above the user icons
- Full names - See full names of attendees by hovering over the user icons
- A Sync Review package is driven by the host.
- As an attendee, you'll see what they are presenting with no ability to jump around to other files during the session.
- You can leave comments on the files being presented. Those comments will be displayed during the meeting.
- Temporary annotations are available to point out ideas and issues in real-time.
- Your personal watermark will appear over the presented files.
Annotating Media (PDF, Video, Audio, Images)
- Temporary annotations are turned on by default for all users in the Sync Review session.
- You can turn them on and off by selecting the Crayon icon on the bottom right of your screen next to Quality.
Temporary Annotations color assignment - When you enter CORE Sync Review mode you are assigned a specific color throughout the duration of the session. Locate the area of interest and click and draw your section to bring to attention. In this example the colour assigned was Purple.
You can also leave annotations and comments on files that will be captured in the Discussion thread and viewable by the team during the Sync Review session.
- Switch from temporary annotations to annotation tools by selecting the Annotations icon.
- Select your annotation type.
- Add the annotation and a comment
- The annotation and comment will appear in the Discussion panel under that file.
- To go back to temporary annotations, select the Crayon icon.
Positional annotations do work in Sync Review, though Chrome is the best browser for this annotation type.
To create a positional annotation,
- Turn off your temporary annotations by selecting the Crayon icon
- Then click anywhere on screen.
- Move the anchor to your desired point
- Move the comment field so it doesn't block what you want to point out
- Add your comment by double clicking into the comment field
Annotations and Commenting When a Host Switches to Another File
As this is a live review session driven by your host, you can give feedback on the files that are being presented to you. It's important to communicate with your host and team during a feedback session.
If you are mid-process adding an annotation or comment when the host moves to a different file, your feedback will be lost.
Host a Sync Review Session
The host isn't just the meeting host but is the sole presenter in a Sync Review session.
Host switching is on the roadmap, but until then, if multiple users need to present during one meeting, user teams should prepare to view multiple Sync Review packages by different presenters in the same meeting.
Presenting Package Files
- When you launch into a Review session, the first file in your package will automatically present on screen.
- You can manually move files forward to allow the time and space for conversation, or you can set the files to autoplay.
- Only the Host sees the Playlist. Participants see only the presented files and their own commenting tools.
- Participants will not see the host selecting settings and other menu options during the presentation.
- A complete list of tools available to the host is listed below.
Review Session Tools Available to the Host
The Host in Sync Review has the ability to use many of the existing tools from the Asset Player. A list of the tools are described below.
Sync Review Player Tools:
- Playlist Toggle - Open and close your playlist assets
- Autoplay Toggle - Set your playlist to automatically play or set to manual mode
- Timecode/Frame Toggle - Toggle between monitoring by timecode or by frames
- Player controls - Adjust start/stop
- Sound Toggle on/off - Toggle between monitoring by timecode or by frames
- Annotate - Open the annotation toolbox
- Subtitles -ON and Off the subtitles
- Speed - Adjusts Speeds settings
- Settings - Open Settings options (below)
- VR360 -
- Auto Replay- repeats the selected clip
- Frame Step - Adjusts frames forward and backwards using the arrows on the left or right of the play button
- Pin Timecode - Pins the timecode on the left side, out of the picture frame.
- Sub Clip - Use to take out the sub clippings by adjusting the start and end point
- Subtitles/CC - To display Subtitles of video
- Speed - Adjust the player speed
- Full Screen - Maximizes view to full screen
Once a Review session is complete, the comments are available only to the host. Use package reports to assemble comments from the session and distribute to your teams as needed.
I lost connection and needed to get back into the session
If you lose connection you can easily sync back to the session by opening your package share email and you will join the others in session.
Alternatively, you can click on the sync package in your Inbox menu to rejoin the session.