While CORE may not have integrations with some of your favorite storage apps just yet, there is a handy workaround that enables you to push files from CORE directly into these other tools.
About the workaround:
- This is specifically for the apps with desktop drive plugins, extensions, and/or capabilities where the drive is like a folder in your computer directory.
- This workaround requires that you have the Aspera Connect plugin enabled on your computer. It does not work with zip downloads, which default to your computer's download folder.
- The assets themselves will download, however, this does not include any annotations or feedback associated with those files. To include those, you'll need to download a Package Report and add that in your folder or drive along with the associated file or files.
Downloading Files to an App Drive on Your Computer
Whether you're in a single asset, an Asset Group or Package, or somewhere like the Download section of the Transfers page, to initiate your download by select the Download icon .
- If you need specific downloading instructions for one of these workflows, go to the Downloading article.
The system will automatically default to using Aspera, if you have the plugin installed.
- This plugin is required for this workaround to work. Aspera allows you to choose which file or directory you can download the file(s) to, including your other application drives.
Select Download Options
Once you've initiated your download, the download options panel will open. If you have permissions to make selections, you'll see dropdown fields with options.
- Create folder structure on download toggle - This will create a folder path within your selected drive folder that is the same as the Asset Group name, i.e. GalacticTimes/Editorial/Cuts/SpaceFight/Footage-Cuts
- Choose WITH or WITHOUT watermark
- Choose File Resolution - Source, High Proxy, or Low Proxy. Note: Source files cannot be watermarked.
Once your download options are selected, select the Download button at the bottom of the panel.
Select App Location in Computer Directory
Aspera will launch a file directory in which you can choose where your file(s) download to.
Choose your application's desktop drive option, and the desired folder within the drive. Box Drive is shown here.
Select the Open button to confirm.
Once selected, you'll receive a message in the Download Panel that your download is being processed and the file path where you can find it.
Go to Your Desktop Application Drive to View Your Files
Depending on the size of your files and whether or not they all required watermarks, the files should appear quickly in your desktop drive application.